Here are some simple daily detox tools that you can implement into your life to help your body reduce inflammation, move toxins out of your system and increase vitality.
1. Include nutrients such as turmeric, green tea and resveratrol to support phase 1 liver detoxification.
2. Include sulphur containing foods and cruciferous vegetables to support phase 2 liver detoxification.
3. Take activated charcoal Taking activated coconut charcoal on a daily basis is a great way to help you thrive in an overly toxin-filled environment. It is best to take it between meals and a few hours after using any vitamin or mineral supplements, as it may interfere with the absorption of these into your body. Be sure to take it away from prescription, which won’t enter your body when they bind to charcoal.
4. Have an epsom salt or foot bath The sulfates in Epsom salt assist the body in flushing out toxins and providing a heavy metal detox from the body’s cells, hence lowering the internal accumulation of harmful substances. Human skin is a highly porous membrane; by adding minerals like magnesium and sulfate to your bathwater, it sparks a process called reverse osmosis, which literally pulls salt out of your body and dangerous toxins along with it.
5. Drink warm lemon water
6. Dry brushing Dry brushing is key to moving toxins along.
The lymphatic system is responsible for collecting, transporting to the blood, and eliminating the waste our cells produce. If the lymphatic system is congested, it can lead to a build-up of toxins, causing inflammation and illness. Dry brushing stimulates the lymphatic system as it stimulates and invigorates the skin
7. Include liquid chlorophyll Chlorophyll is a type of plant pigment responsible for the absorption of light in the process of photosynthesis, which creates energy.
Ingesting chlorophyll has many benefits but we’re focusing in detoxification. It increases phase 2 liver detoxification promoting better liver health and the body’s natural elimination of potentially harmful toxins. *eat more leafy green
*raw or lightly cooked greens
*take a liquid chlorophyll supplement. Add to your water and it has a slight sweet taste which incidentally promotes more water drinking.
8. Functional Liver detoxification profile Book an appointment with Melissa today! For more detailed information visit Melissa’s website: http://functionalnutritionist.net.au